Are you looking forward to an epic reception entrance on your wedding day? We got you! While your dress should be awe-inspiring for that jaw-dropping entrance, the song playing is just as important.
The entrance should be grand and memorable. You can achieve this with the right music and choreography. Choosing the right song can be tedious, so here’s a list of popular reception entrance songs for you to sample:
50 Trendy Pop Wedding Party Reception Entrance Songs
Trending pop songs are usually the go-to song choice in most modern weddings. The grand entrance by the wedding procession is generally accompanied by amazing songs that help set the ambience of the guests. Here are the suggestions:
- ‘Dancing In The Moonlight by Toploader
- ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams
- ‘Shape of You’ by Ed Sheeran
- ‘Can’t Stop The Feeling’ by Justin Timberlake
- ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’ by Arctic Monkeys
- ‘You’re Still The One’ by Shania Twain
- ‘Cheerleader’ by OMI
- ‘Sweet Disposition’ by The Temper Trap
- ‘Shut Up And Dance’ by Walk The Moon
- ‘Love On Top’ by Beyonce
- ‘Love Me Like You Do’ by Ellie Goulding
- ‘Uptown Funk’ by Bruno Mars
- ‘Hey Ya!’ by Outkast
- ‘Can’t Hold Us’ by Macklemore
- ‘Firework’ by Katy Perry
- ‘Down’ by Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne
- ‘Raise Your Glass’ by Pink
- ‘Bitter Sweet Symphony’ by The Verve
- ‘Ho Hey’ by The Lumineers
- ‘Classic’ by MKTO
- ‘On Top Of The World’ by Imagine Dragons
- ‘Best Day of My Life’ by American Authors
- ‘A Sky Full Of Stars’ by Coldplay
- ‘One Day Like This’ by Elbow
- ‘Perfect Day’ by Hoku
- ‘Sugar’ by Maroon 5
- ‘You Are The Best Thing’ by Ray LaMontagne
- ‘A Thousand Miles’ by Vanessa Carlton
- ‘I Chose You’ by Sara Bareilles
- ‘Everything’ by Michael Buble
- ‘DNA’ by Little Mix
- ‘I Will Wait’ by Mumford & Sons
- ‘22’ by Taylor Swift
- ‘No One’ by Alicia Keys
- ‘Rewrite The Stars’ by James Arthur and Anne Marie
- ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ by One Direction
- ‘I Gotta Feeling’ by Black Eyed Peas
- ‘Moves Like Jagger’ by Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera
- ‘Stand By You’ by Rachel Patten
- ‘This Is What You Came For’ by Calvin Harris, Rihanna
- ‘Timber’ by Kesha, Pitbull
- ‘Hero’ by Enrique Iglesias
- ‘We Are Young’ by Fun ft. Janelle Monae
- ‘Just Dance’ by Lady Gaga
- ‘Tik-Tok’ by Kesha
- ‘Get The Party Started’ by P!nk
- ‘You Shook Me All Night Long’ by AC/DC
- ‘Celebration’ by Kool & The Gang
- ‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’ by Wham!
- ‘Dancing Queen’ by ABBA
40 Classic Rock Songs for Your Wedding Party’s Entrance
Are you more inclined to classic rock? Here is a list of songs that will help make your entrance unique and set the mood for your wedding reception:
- ‘Everything’ by Michael Buble
- ‘This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)’ by Natalie Cole
- ‘L-O-V-E’ by Nat King Cole
- ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’ by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- ‘Walking On Sunshine’ by Katrina & The Waves
- ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)’ by Whitney Houston
- ‘I’m a Believer’ by The Monkees
- ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours)’ by Stevie Wonder
- ‘(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher’ by Jackie Wilson
- ‘Love and Marriage’ by Frank Sinatra
- ‘You Can’t Hurry Love’ by Phil Collins
- ‘Love You ‘Till The End’ by The Pogues
- ‘Bring Me Sunshine’ by Morecambe and Wise
- ‘Two Hearts’ by Phil Collins
- ‘Burning Love’ by Elvis Presley
- ‘Heroes’ by David Bowie
- ‘How Sweet it Is (To Be Loved By You)’ by James Taylor
- ‘All You Need Is Love’ by The Beatles
- ‘Nothing’s Going To Stop Us Now’ by Starship
- ‘We Will Rock You’ by Queen
- ‘Little Bitty Pretty One’ by Thurston Harris
- ‘Do You Believe In Magic?’ by The Lovin’ Spoonful
- ‘Because You Loved Me’ by Celine Dion
- ‘You’re The One That I Want’ by Grease
- ‘Crazy Little Thing Called Love’ by Queen
- ‘Beautiful Day’ by U2
- ‘Lovely Day’ by Bill Withers
- ‘You Make My Dreams’ by Daryl Hall & John Oates
- ‘Heaven Is A Place On Earth’ by Belinda Carlisle
- ‘Perfect Day’ by Lou Reed
- ‘Time After Time’ by Cyndi Lauper
- ‘(Everything I Do) I Do It For You’ by Bryan Adams
- ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’ by Elton John
- ‘Eight Days A Week’ by The Beatles
- ‘My Girl’ by The Temptations
- ‘Total Eclipse Of The Heart’ by Bonnie Tyler
- ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’ by The Beatles
- ‘Are You Ready For Love?’ by Elton John
- ‘Sway’ by Dean Martin
- ‘You Really Got Me’ by The Kinks
30 Hard Rock & Metal Wedding Party Entrance Songs
You can play instrumentals of hard rock & metal music for a faster beat. Here’s a list for you:
- ‘Love Shack’ by B-52s.
- ‘Dancing In The Dark’ by Bruce Springsteen.
- ‘Don’t Stop Believin’’ by Journey.
- ‘Sweet Caroline’ by Neil Diamond.
- ‘Everlong’ – Foo Fighters. Cover by Midnite String Quartet.
- ‘Nothing Else Matters’ – Metallica cover by Brooklyn Duo.
- ‘Mr. Brightside’ – The Killers. Cover by ELEW.
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – Queen. Cover by William Joseph.
- ‘Nothing Else Matters’ – Metallica. Cover by William Joseph.
- ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ – Guns N’ Roses. Cover by Midnite String Quartet.
- ‘A Thousand Years’ – Christina Perri. Cover by Daniel Jang & AMoney.
- ‘In My Blood’ – Shawn Mendes and Bridgerton Soundtrack. Cover by Vitamin String Quartet.
- ‘Just The Way You Are’ – Bruno Mars. Cover by The Piano Guys.
- ‘All Of Me’ – John Legend. Cover by Brooklyn Duo.
- ‘Lovely’ – Billie Eilish & Khalid. Cover by ItsAMoney.
- ‘A Million Dreams’ – The Greatest Showman. Cover by The Time-Keepers.
- ‘Rewrite The Stars’ – The Greatest Showman. Cover by The Piano Guys.
- ‘Love Story’ – Taylor Swift. Cover by Alan Milan.
- ‘Bless The Broken Road’ – Rascal Flatts. Cover by The Piano Guys.
- ‘Stay With Me’ – Sam Smith. Cover by Brooklyn Duo.
- ‘Halo’ – Beyoncé. Cover by Brooklyn Duo.
- ‘Wonderful Tonight’ – Eric Clapton. Cover by Vitamin String Quartet.
- ‘Señorita’ – Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes. Cover by ItsAMoney.
- ‘Without you’ – David Guetta Featuring Usher. Cover by The Piano Guys.
- ‘Perfect’ – Ed Sheeran. Cover by Andre Soueid.
- ‘Lovely’ – Billie Eilish. Cover by Brooklyn Duo.
- ‘A Million Dreams’ – The Greatest Showman. Cover by The Piano Guys.
- ‘Despacito’ – Luis Fonsi. Cover by Daniel Jang.
- ‘All Of Me’ – John Legend. Cover by Daniel Jang.
- ‘This Is Me’ – The Greatest Showman. Cover by Brooklyn Duo
10 Country Wedding Party Entrance Songs
Mix up the entrance songs by adding some country music. Here’s a list of the favourites:
- ‘When You Kiss Me’ by Shania Twain
- ‘I Love The Way You Love Me’ by John Michael Montgomery
- ‘Then’ by Brad Paisley
- ‘Like I Never Loved Before’ by Phil Vassar
- ‘You Had Me From Hello’ by Kenny Chesney
- ‘I Do’ by Paul Brandt
- ‘When Somebody Loves You’ by Alan Jackson
- ‘When You Say Nothing At All’ by Keith Whitley
- ‘Me And You’ by Kenny Chesney
- ‘The One’ by Gary Allan
10 Unique & Funny Songs for Your Wedding Party’s Entrance
Be unique by going against the ordinary. Most people play slow and old school songs for their reception entrance. Change things up by playing a song from the following list:
- ‘All I Do Is Win’ by DJ Khaled
- ‘You Sexy Thing’ by Hot Chocolate
- ‘I Believe In A Thing Called Love’ by The Darkness
- ‘Play That Song’ by Train
- ‘Wannabe’ by Spice Girls
- ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ by Survivor
- ‘Uptown Girl’ by Westlife
- ‘Milkshake’ by Kelis
- ‘Jump (For My Love)’ by The Pointer Sisters
- ‘We Are Family’ by Sister Sledge
Frequently Asked Questions
The detailed lists of songs provided in this article will undoubtedly help narrow down your choices. You should also remember that there is no rule binding you to a single music genre, so try switching things up.
Are you still having some trouble planning your special day? Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and their solutions.
What Is the Best Way to Pick an Entrance Music for a Wedding Reception?
When selecting your entrance music, upbeat tracks and romantic music are the best choices. Pick music that portrays your love towards each other. Or maybe a song you both share a memory with, like the song you first danced to.
When the Wedding Party Arrives at the Reception, What Is It Called?
A wedding procession. It begins with ushers and bridesmaids, while the bride is the last person to go in. A recession is when the party exits the wedding ceremony.
What Songs Do the Bride’s Parents Walk into at the Reception?
Pick upbeat and fun music for the bridal parent’s entrance. Here’s a list:
- ‘Walk this way’ by Aerosmith.
- ‘Beautiful day’ by U2.
- ‘Walking on sunshine’ by Katrina and The Waves.
- ‘Bring em out’ by T.I.
What Are the Top 2021 Wedding Party Entrance Songs?
Create playlists that mix up classical songs and modern pop songs. The diversity works exceptionally well to set the perfect mood for your guests. Here are some songs you can try out:
- ‘Shape of you’ by Ed Sheeran.
- ‘You’re still the one’ by Shania Twain.
- ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams.
- ‘Love on top’ by Beyonce.
What Are the Finest Entrance Songs for a Wedding Party?
Play fun, upbeat and romantic music at the wedding party, regardless of its genre. You can play memorable songs for the couple and upbeat tracks to set the mood. Here’s a list you can try out:
- ‘This will be an everlasting love’ by Natalie Cole.
- ‘Everything’ by Michael Buble.
- ‘I wanna dance with somebody who loves me’ by Whitney Houston.
What Is the Most Popular First Dance Wedding Song?
According to a study, ‘ ‘Unchained melody’ – By the Righteous Brothers is the most popular song for the first dance. Classic songs by artists like Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and Etta James, and modern artists such as Ed Sheeran, Adele, and John Legend are also top-rated.
What Is the Happiest Song Ever Made?
Among all songs, “Mr. Blue Sky” – Electric Light Orchestra, is the happiest. The song has the highest recorded heartbeat of 180 beats per minute. The song’s key is usually crucial in determining how happy a song is.
What is a bridal dance song?
It is a song played in honour of the bridal party. The music can be upbeat, slow, or energetic. A wedding party is a groom, bride, maids, groomsmen, and special guests.
This is your special day, so remember to have fun. You can pick memorable songs, such as the dance you first danced to. Switch up the genre or mix different songs into playlists depending on the mood. This is your special day, so remember to have fun.